Tuesday night has become crockpot night in our house. Brandon is on duty and I (Angela) have meetings. So rather than having a super late supper that I have to rush to put together after my meetings, I turn to the crockpot.
I do believe we have found a favorite. At least if you ask Brandon. In fact I believe he even referred to this meal as a spiritual experience. It’s some seriously good stuff y’all! And keto friendly, if that’s your thing.
So without further adieu (because I had lengthy recipe blogs. If I came for the recipe, please just give me the recipe), I give you Slow Cooker Cheese Stuffed Meatballs.
- 1 lb ground hamburger meat
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 4 oz cheese of cubed Gouda cheese (or cheese of choice) Know that if you choose Mozzarella, most of it will ooze out rather than stay inside the meatballs
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 jar favorite marinara sauce We like Prego
1. In large bowl, combine hamburger, sausage, bread crumbs, eggs, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, and basil.
2. Mix well, but don't over mix.
3. Form into 16 meatballs. Press one cube of cheese into each meatball and seal well.
4. Heat oil in skillet, over medium. Brown meatballs (they will not be fully cooked). This usually takes me a couple batches to get them all.
5. Pour half the jar of marinara into the bottom of the slow cooker. Add meatballs and top with remaining marinara.
6. Cook for 3 1/2-4 hours on low.
7. Enjoy with your favorite veggies!
Note: You can make extras and freeze them. This makes for a super easy meal on a busy night, or even a snack or lunch.